.

Pomona Power Pole Leans, Sparks Fire

No one was injured in the small fire that began when SCE workers inadvertently dislodged a power pole in Pomona.

A small fire that began when Southern California Edison workers in Pomona dislodged a power pole Monday cut electricity to some 2,266 customers.

The incident was reported about 2:30 p.m. in the 200 block of South Palm Avenue, according to a Pomona firefighter.

While SCE crews worked on a power line, the pole tilted and the downed lines sparked a blaze that partially burned a fence, the firefighter told Patch.

Power to the area had to be cut while crews worked to right the pole and make repairs, officials said.

All but three businesses had power restored by 3:40 p.m., SCE spokesperson Paul Klein told Patch.

Estimated restoration time for those businesses was 9:30 p.m., Klein added.

The outage area was bounded by Elaine Stree to the north; East Franklin Avenue to the south; Palomares Street to the west and South East End Avenue to the east.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »