.

Fire at Burger Eatery Contained to Kitchen

The blaze was reported shortly before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at a Jack in the Box, 1695 El Camino Real, a fire official said.

A fire Wednesday morning at a South San Francisco Jack in the Box burned a stove and counters but no one was injured.

The blaze was reported shortly before 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the restaurant at 1695 El Camino Real, South San Francisco fire Battalion Chief Chris Campagna told Patch.

It started in the fryer, flames shooting up to the ceiling, Campagna said.

"The people tried to put it out and they were unable to, so they gave us a call," Capagna told Patch in an interview.

The stove, hood and counters all sustained damage, estimated at $5,000, Campagna said.

The restaurant shut down for several hours, pending a health department inspection, the BC said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something