Asian American Donor Program
Joining the Be The Match Registry® is easy. Patients need donors who are between the ages of 18 and 60, meet the health guidelines and are willing to donate to any patient in need.
When you come to a donor registry drive, we will explain what it means to join the registry, help you understand your commitment, answer your questions and help you through the process.
All you need to do is:
- Complete a registration form with contact information, health information and a signed agreement to join the Be The Match Registry. To help you complete the form, bring along:
- Personal identification (such as a driver's license or passport)
- Contact information for two family members or friends who would know how to reach you in the future if your contact information changes.
- Give either a swab of cheek cells or a blood sample to be tissue-typed. We'll use the results to match you to patients.
- Please also consider making a financial gift to the Be The Match Foundation. The total cost to add a new member to the registry is about $100. Your generous contribution in any amount is tax-deductible and helps make it possible for others to join.
That's it! You'll be listed on our registry where patients turn when they need a matching donor.