Garden Party, Sponsored by the Improving Public Places Committee
Saturday, September 15, 2012
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Joseph A. Fernekes Recreation Building
Orange Memorial Park – 781 Tennis Drive
Tickets $20 in advance, $25 at the door
Enjoy hors d’oeuvres, wine and a Sculpture Garden Tour!
Special Speakers and Demonstrations:
- Floral Design Using Local Materials
- o MaryAnn Nardo – 7 Petals Floral Design
- Tips of the Trade to Select the Best Produce
- o Pete Carcione – “the Green Grocer”
- Watering Solutions for Container Gardening
- o Tom Bressan – Urban Farmers
- Using the Bay Area Native Plants in Your Garden
- o Joe Cannon – San Bruno Mountain Watch
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Garden-related Vendors
- Silent Auction
- Container Garden Contest
Tickets are available at the door for $25, and in advance for $20 at the Parks and Recreation Department Office at 33 Arroyo Drive, or Corporation Yard at 550 N. Canal Street.
Admission includes hors d'oeuvres, a no-host wine bar, and all activities. This event is an Improving Public Places Committee fundraiser.
All proceeds from this fundraising event will be used for the purchase of plants and materials for the maintenance and beautification projects in South San Francisco's public places. For more information please contact Marie Patea at (650) 829-3837 or by email at email@example.com.